Banner pictures

Banner pictures

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Hanging in the lobby (Sunday, Oct 17)

Not to bore everyone with a technical update, but I’ve been quite challenged since we left Hong Kong. The connection in the room doesn’t work for us so I have to sit in the lobby where wireless can be accessed. I only have 1 battery in my laptop and it’s not very strong, so we get about 45 minutes a pop. Between my e-mail and Brian’s fantasy football and baseball scores, that’s not much time. Usually I can’t access the blog (or Facebook) and e-mail has been spotty. When I get e-mail, I send blog entries to my sister who has been posting them. Yesterday, I somehow got into everything but not so lucky today.
Anyway, we enjoy our time here despite the technical frustrations. We sit by big windows overlooking the Pearl River on the famous red couches, listening to the birds and the waterfall. We pass Emerson back and forth and chat with the people who want to know all about our baby. (Well, I chat with them and Brian worries that they are trying to take advantage of us in some way… paranoid daddy.) Today I talked to Gloria who was enjoying an afternoon on the Island with her 5 year old daughter; she told me about how much she wanted to adopt a baby, but the culture in China wasn’t supportive. As I type now, a woman and her baby boy are sitting next to me and he is absolutely fascinated with my laptop and wants to type really badly. Soon we’ll go outside and join the crowds on Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment