Banner pictures

Banner pictures

Friday, October 8, 2010

Dreams

Until we arrived in Hong Kong 3 days ago, I had dreamed of Emerson one time during our five years of waiting. Once. Since we arrived in Hong Kong, I have dreamed of her every night. The first night was a very detailed “gotcha day” experience. I could see each baby as they were carried into the room and recognized Emerson immediately, even though she was very tiny and as soon as she was in my arms, looked like a hamster. For those of you who know me well, this won’t seem too strange: I dream of animals almost every night. My sister had a dream this week that I handed her Emerson in a lunchbox. Well, if she was the size I dreamed, she would fit into that lunchbox!


Last night I dreamed that we were already home and she could talk, although still only 8 months. We were working out how much and what to feed her. This is a direct reflection of my waking worries. There is a very good chance that she will be undernourished so we are anxious to get her into our arms and start her new diet. What and how much is still a question so I woke up very early and read some web sites. I’m really sure we’ll be ok and figure it out but that won’t stop me from thinking about it for the next 2 days (TWO DAYS!!!).

2 comments:

  1. It will be fine... Shauna wasn't undernourished when she came up from Yangxi... the only thing we had to deal with was her 'Fine Motor Skills' but that is ok... we could work on that... she had never eaten a piece of food so we didn't really push that on her... we put a piece of rice in her mouth and she had no idea what to do with it... when we got home I started on baby foods... though she was 10 mths when she was home. I treated her as 7 mths so she could learn and catch up on where she was meant to be.... just enjoy the ride and see if you can meet up with Jannine... she is also getting her baby Julia from Yangxi and is in HK as I type this... I have told her about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dying to see a picture of mom and Emerson! soo excited for you!! Jodi

    ReplyDelete