Banner pictures

Banner pictures

Monday, October 18, 2010

A day without a nap and a pending decision (Monday, Oct 18)

Aside from 2 30-minute cat naps (one pictured below as we were leaving the zoo), Emerson has not had a good sleep since 6:30 this morning. She’s in her crib now, and I’m trying to ignore her but every time I turn around she’s peering through the bars just smiling at me. Everything else is fine today – she’s healthy, eating great, and perfectly happy; just not the least bit sleepy.



Tomorrow may be a very long day, 7am to 7pm. It’s the day we get to visit the orphanage and it’s a 3 hour bus ride each way. This is a unique opportunity and I am certain that all three of us should go. We’ll have the chance to see where she lived for her first 8 months and hopefully see the spot where she was found (we have the street corner and building name). Brian doesn’t think we should subject her to the long day and feels strongly that one of us should stay back with her. We are both right. Not sure how this will be resolved… stay tuned.

2 comments:

  1. As a mom to 2 daughters from China, I vote that you bring your daughter along for the orphanage visit. It is a long, tiring day, but a once in a life time opportunity. I felt it gave our daughter some closure seeing those who loved her first with us, and that she hadn't been simply abandoned a second time. It also gave the nannies a chance to say goodbye and I felt we owed them that. They would be so disappointed. Take lots of photos with them. We had one little girl in our group who had been so scared and sad. She cried at the orphanage and when we left the nanny, but finally opened up and smiled for the first time on the bus home. Our own daughter had a very special nanny and it was so comforting to watch them together and see how loved she had been. Emotionally draining day, long, tiring...yes, but so worth it.
    Good luck in your decision!
    Nadine C.
    mom to 2 Jiangxi cuties

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever the situation was... I hope that it was one that was good for all... I wish we had the chance to go to the orphanage... but alas we weren't allowed... as for the sleeping... I guess she is a little busy thinking that she is going to miss out on something... I know my little Yangxi girl is very busy :) Hugs...

    ReplyDelete