Banner pictures

Banner pictures

Sunday, September 5, 2010

7 months

Emerson arrived at the Yangxi Social Welfare Institute 7 months ago today. It also appears that she was born on that day.  I hope to learn something more about her story during our trip, but know it's unlikely.  I can't imagine what that day was like for her birth mommy.  I do believe that it was a decision and act carried out under extreme pressure and sadness and with hopes that her baby would have a chance at a better life than she could give.  I am grateful for the opportunity to give her that better life and hope that her birth mommy has found peace with the decision she had to make.

As for Emerson Xiao Hong, I just hope someone she loves holds her today.  I have to believe that despite the conditions, there is someone there with a special attachment to her, giving her as much care and love that they can.  They say she has a ready smile and is quick to laugh.  I hope she has a happy day today.

1 comment:

  1. I remember on Shauna's 1st birthday - after she blew her candles out (well, I blew them out) I told her to have a special thought for her Chinese mum and for the special gift she gave her father and I... I will admit I had a few tears.

    ReplyDelete