Banner pictures

Banner pictures

Saturday, August 28, 2010

New books

Got a few new books last night:
Twenty Things Adopted Kids Wish Their Adopted Parents Knew
Parenting Your Internationally Adopted Child
Baby We Were Meant for Each Other (by NPR's Scott Simon)

I started with the light reading and Brian started with the heavy one. My choice is impossible to read in my own voice at my own pace - Scott Simon is filling my head (I listen to him every Saturday morning and heard him reading passages from this book last week so I've got it down perfectly). There is some controversy about his book, mainly about the title I think, but I'm gonna give it a read before I decide. It's about his personal experience adopting 2 baby girls from China as well as other adoption stories from people he met along the way.

A few non-Emerson comments: the book store was having some sort of Star Wars gathering so we were surrounded by storm troopers, jedi knights, bounty hunters, and DARTH VADER. I walked behind Darth Vader and felt a little ping of terror, for real. Then I worked up my courage and took a picture with him. Just a little scary. And, to be honest, the trip to the book store was my ruse to get near Yogurt Land, which we visited afterwards (yum!). Luckily we came away with some great books.

1 comment:

  1. darn. i thought i was so smart to buy you the book, but i see you beat me to it! no worries....

    ReplyDelete