Banner pictures

Banner pictures

Saturday, August 21, 2010

first visit to Babies R Us

We went to Babies R Us last night to buy the things we want to put into her care package. I thought it would be completely overwhelming but it wasn't at all. We walked every inch of the store and thought about all the things we were going to need. No decisions, no big purchases, just taking it all in.

We did buy a few things for her care package which we will mail to her next week, following the very specific guidelines that exist for care packages. Have to make sure it fits into a shoe size box:
-baby photo book which we'll fill with pictures of ourselves and our 4-legged babies. It's soft and crinkly with handle perfect for teething so hopefully she'll like playing with it and get time to look at us too :)
-two little stuffed guys that make noises. According to her records, she likes toys that make noise (and so do I) so I picked the ones that had the noise I most enjoyed.
-a little blanket stuffed animal. I don't know what these things are called but my nieces had one that they were completely attached to. This one has a monkey head, soft top, satin underneath.
-a blanket - light green like her rooom with a few fish pictures like we plan for her room. Not sure this will fit in the box, we'll see.


We still want to get a stuffed animal so that's another errand for the day.

1 comment:

  1. I think we both have babies from this orhanage, which makes me want to know you! :) Congrats!! Can I use that photo for my blog too?
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete